Having confidence and loving yourself can be hard.
Can you relate?
...But one thing I know is that if you are going to have any confidence in yourself, you have to love yourself. I don’t mean this in a vain, flattery manner... but in a D E E P sense of appreciation of who you are as a person, your abilities, and your potential.
Each and every one of us is deserving of love from others and from ourselves.
YES... even you, sweet dreamer.
Many of us *assume* that we love ourselves, but a deeper look into how we treat ourselves will reveal otherwise.
- Do you hesitate buying yourself something you really want because you feel like you shouldn’t spend so much money on yourself?
- When was the last time you took time off from your busy schedule to just relax in silence and take care of your body, mind and/or spirit?
- Have you given yourself a treat recently?
- How well do you up-hold your personal boundaries?
These are key questions to ask and spend time reflecting on in checking how much you value yourself.
It is important to realize that if you are not paying attention to your body, to your needs and wants, you are subconsciously telling yourself that you are not worthy. Before long, your brain responds by making you feel more and more unworthy and that is going to become your reality. Please hear me...
Selflessness can only be practiced fully by those who have learned to truly love themselves.
I am urging you to begin holding yourself to a higher standard and respond to your needs with seriousness. As you embrace self-love, you will start acknowledging your value and in turn, increase confidence in yourself. With more confidence, you have less doubt.
So, what can you practically do today to begin? You know I have your back... *wink
Stand in front of the mirror and repeat positive affirmations to yourself. Develop a mantra for yourself and repeat it to yourself often.
Mine is “I am fearless.”
... what's your's?
Ten ways you can start exercising self-love today
- Buy yourself something you have always wanted.
- Start a gratitude journal, every single day use a few minutes to write 5 things about you that you are thankful for.
- Stay away from negative people and learn to say no.
- Dress your body nicely. Get yourself a gorgeous outfit, comfortable underwear, and comfortable shoes. Wear outfits that make you feel confident.
- Give someone a compliment... it will make you feel good (I promise).
- Read a good book.
- Take a walk and take in your surroundings, do not check your phone.
- Get yourself a massage.
- Rest and prioritize your sleep. Being well rested helps you to have more positive energy.
This list is not exhaustive, so please find what works for you and do it.
Need more ideas? I created a free Self-love guide to help you navigate loving yourself well through building your confidence. I truly hope it helps you as much as it has helped me.
I also have a Self Confidence 101 workshop coming up in St Louis that might be exactly what you need to begin..... It would be amazing to see you there and help you live in confidence once and for all. Can you make it? Click here to learn more about it and reserve your seat!
I'd love to hear more about your struggles and wins with self confidence in a comment below.... What helps you keep your self-love flowing?